Saturday, October 27, 2012

happy for you

Last week one of my friend got married. Unfortunately I could not make it to his wedding. Nevermind, he was kind enough to keep me updated via BBM (wonder how he did that in hustle of preparations, we texted each other just 3 hours before the wedding!!). At that time, his BBM status said "Bismillah". 3-4 hours laters, after the reception party, the status changed into "Alhamdulillah". And when I read his new status, I was deeply moved that I got teary-eyed.

No I'm not exaggerating. I was seriously moved. I myself wonder why, too. Maybe because I know this guy for long that I know details about his effort finding the right one (well he looked effortless then but somehow I know he put some efforts on it). Maybe because I know how they met: a simple "love is just across the backyard" story. Maybe because I know that they had hardship but they overcame it in a really mature way (actually, how they overcame it was really beyond me).  Or maybe because when he said Alhamdulillah, I feel like that was the end of his waiting.

Somehow I cannot imagine what I will feel when the time comes for me. What will I feel? Scared? Nervous? Overwhelmed? But then again, why worry now? As long as I marry right person, I will have this one certain feeling: so happy that my chest will explode.

Congratulation, dear friend! Hope you and your wife will be happy ever after! May it be a beginning of joyful and enjoyable living together :)

No comments: