Thursday, January 10, 2019

Office Life

Just a bunch of random things happened in my office!

When I'm too tired to care: konsi edition
Am I invited to a konsinyering (a boring name for just simply back to back meeting from 8 am to 11 pm like a prisoner) at a nice fancy 5 star hotel? Cool. I will wear my most "appropriate casual" outfit. Don't want to look embarrassing at this nice hotel. Another meeting next week? Right, I'll wear another appropriate outfit. Two weeks later, another meeting you said? And it will start on Sunday night? Alright then. Let me wear this "sampadeh minang" t-shirt with cardigan and blue jeans. When the meeting finished for the night, I just need to go back to my room, opened my cardigan and jeans, and changed into pajama pants. I can still use this "sampadeh minang" for tomorrow day meeting.

Friday Life
Things I miss saying on Friday at 10 am:
Maksi mana?
Ntar malem ada keriaan ga? 
Lagi di meja? Telepon dong!
Masdance ada makanan gaa?
Hvft rapat ora uwis-uwis
Things I miss saying on Friday at 5 pm:
Ntar ketemu dimana?
Maswel lu balik kapan?
Masdance jadi lari ga?
Ada sisa kotakan ga?
Hvft rapat ora uwis-uwis

Konsi hotel review (not on particular order)
  1. Pullman: small hotel room. amazing snack and coffee break. hellooo free softdrink! has the best hotel foods in Jakarta imo. so generous with meeting snacks. sometimes it's hard to find the officer especially at night, but when you find them *give thumb*
  2. Kempinski: attentive officer who waits for us even when the meeting is finished at 1 am! the restaurant is very crowded on weekend. dangerous for my pocket since I can easily shop at the mall next to it, which I did whenever I feel bored which I always feel during break.
  3. Four season: WHY OH WHY they changed the hotel! I loooved this hotel when they're still on Kuningan!
  4. Hyatt: nice room. the Ramadhan fest were amazing. sooo close to office. also quite generous with meeting snack.
  5. Ritz Carlton: a very convenient hotel. I visited this hotel so many times I know exactly how their foods taste like lol. they were crazy about ice tea. morning break? ice tea. afternoon break? ice tea. night snack? ice milk tea. and what's that on the restaurant? right, ice tea. not complaining tho. competent staffs!
  6. Raffles: convenient cos it's close to the mall since their restaurant don't have many variety for lunch. good for small meeting.
  7. Fairmont: amazing amenities (hellooo La Labo!). great foods. the meeting rooms are perfect.
  8. Double Tree: the OG konsi hotel. small hotel room. no tub sadly. but they make it up with great foods. very practical. love the durian night on Ramadhan! and who wouldn't love free cookie?
  9. Shangrila: perfect hotel to make sure your meeting participants stay at the meeting since it's kinda far from anywhere.
  10. Mulia: the restaurant is crowded on weekend. but on the flipside, you can see Jakarta nouveau riche and old money side by side.
  11. Borobudur: it's been a looong time since I visited, maybe in 2013? smells old. feels old. feels like mamak-mamak orde baru when I had meeting here. the sop buntut tho, legendary!
  12. Honorary mention: Tentrem Jogja. the hotel for "oh sh*t this is real deal guys" type of konsi. great room. great facilities. their resto has the legendary Tolak Angin flavor ice cream (me no likey). probably my fave out of the bunch but I'm biased cos I like Jogja that much.

Lunch with Om-om review (also not on particular order)
  1. Medan Baru. masdance to me before lunch: "nih kepala ikan kita bagi dua yak". masdance to me after lunch: "ko gue jadi pusing ya?". Yha menurut u kolesterol berasal dari mana mas?
  2. Steak Joni. a nice and cheap steak before we head off to LTC.
  3. Food court LTC. a cheap place to eat when we didn't have time to eat at Steak Joni.
  4. Kopi Oey Sabang. reserved only for curhat/gibah time.
  5. Sirih Merah. the lunch getaway for OG SKBI people.
  6. Kepala kakap tanah abang. cheap and less fatty than Medan Baru, but still delicious nonetheless.
Self Actualization
Since all of my team members are guys, to whom I turn myself into when I feel like talking about make up? The other project's team of course!
4 women 1 lipstick
The Definitive Ranking of Meeting Lunchbox
  1. Buffet: only for fancy event like aanwidzing or whatever. go grab them if you have a chance!
  2. Surya: so ordinary yet so delicious. very convenient to order. I ate this for dinner like a week straight (a dude in my division LOVED Surya so much he always VETOED our dinner votes), but I never get bored of it. Minang is still in my blood after all.
  3. Kotakan pecel: it was okay I guess
  4. Jasun: ehhh....
  5. Adem Ayem: I was done. Even when I hear its name, I can already taste it.

The Definitive Ranking of Overtime Dinner
  1. Nasi Goreng Cakalang Rumate: only if there is G5 or G6 who are willing to pay
  2. Burger King/KFC: see poin 1
  3. Surya: see The Definitive Ranking of Meeting Lunchbox
Just 3 cos we were not really creative about dinner. Sad.

What happened at konsi stays at konsi
cere united

when I had enough: sat in the corner and worked.
I'll update later!



No comments: